California Lawyers Handling Religious Discrimination Cases
As California’s population becomes ever more diverse, employers increasingly run the risk of expensive lawsuits based on alleged religious discrimination. At the same time, employees enjoy many protections regarding religion in the workplace and deserve:
- Equal treatment at work regardless of their religious beliefs
- Effective and diligent legal help following discrimination
At the employment law firm of Bononi Law Group, LLP, we have provided legal help to employers and employees regarding religious freedom in the workplace for over two decades. Our legal services include:
- Counsel for employers aimed at preventing allegations of religious discrimination
- In-house training for management and others regarding employment law and anti-discrimination laws
- Representation for employers following charges of religious discrimination
- Representation for employees who have experienced workplace religious discrimination resulting in termination, the loss of a job or promotion opportunity, wage issues or a hostile work environment
Do you need legal help in the Pasadena area regarding religious discrimination? Call 213-550-5503.
Bononi Law Group, LLP, has handled hundreds of discrimination cases in its two-plus decades of employment law experience. Our successes range from the defense of numerous small businesses and corporations facing discrimination lawsuits to multiple six- and seven-figure settlement and jury awards for employees.
Q. Is it discriminatory to prevent employees from expressing their religious beliefs?
A. It may be illegal to stop employees from expressing religious beliefs. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of religion. It is also illegal for employers to retaliate against employees who file discrimination complaints.
Any employer with 15 or more employees must accommodate employees’ religious beliefs unless doing so creates undue hardship. Moreover, it cannot restrict religious expression more than it restricts other forms of expression. For example, an employer who allows employees to make political statements, but prohibits religious statements could be in violation of Title VII.
Contact Us For Help In A Religious Discrimination Case
If you or your firm needs employment law help in Southern California, contact a firm whose team includes attorneys selected as California Super Lawyers and a lawyer who has been selected as one of The Best Lawyers in America each year for more than 20 years. Contact Bononi Law Group, LLP, at 213-550-5503.