Understanding Your Employment Law Rights
At Bononi Law Group, LLP, we offer comprehensive employment law legal services to a broad range of clients. Our eight-member lawyer team provides advice, counsel and experienced legal representation regarding any type of employment law challenge you or your business faces.
Employment Discrimination And Harassment
Discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace are both illegal.
When notified of discrimination or harassment occurring in the workplace, your employer should take immediate steps to stop it. When your employer fails to do so, you may have legal options.
We can hold your employer responsible for violating your rights if your employer has engaged in discrimination or harassment based on:
- Sexual orientation
- A medical condition
- National origin
- Military service
- Association with a disabled person at work
- And more
Wrongful Termination And Retaliation
While most employment is considered “at will,” there are limitations on the reasons for which employers can terminate an employee. Wrongful termination and retaliation are not allowed in many cases, and we can help hold your employer accountable for such actions.
- How do I know if I was wrongfully terminated.
- Can I be fired while taking medical leave.
- Can I be fired for reporting discrimination or harassment.
Wage And Hour Claims
Federal and state laws protect employees from wage, hour and overtime violations. We have handled hundreds of claims against employers that violate wage and hour laws. This may include:
- Failure to give meal and rest breaks
- Working off the clock without pay
- Failure to pay wages due at time of termination
Leave Under The Family And Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
The federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) protects employees who need to take medical leave to address their own health issues or those of a family member. Other laws are also in place to protect an employee’s job in the event of a medical leave.
Our attorneys can help an employee who is terminated or demoted after taking medical leave.
Advice And Counseling For Employers
Our attorneys also advise employers on how to comply with employment laws, including wage and hour laws, hiring and firing laws and sexual harassment protocol.
We advise clients on a wide range of issues:
- Hiring, discipline and termination
- Payroll, record-keeping and overtime issues
- Leave of absence, return to work and reasonable accommodations
- Handbooks, policies and procedures
- Employment contracts
- Separation and severance agreements
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Covenants not to compete
- Reduction in force and plant closings
- Training on sexual harassment
- Union management relations
- Employment law for health care employers
In addition, we handle business law disputes and cases involving unfair or deceptive trade practices. Schedule a time to talk to an attorney from our firm today.