California's Leaders in Employment Law
  |   213-550-5503
Bononi Law Group LLP

If you believe you were fired or harassed in violation of state and federal employment laws, Our Lawyers Can Help.

How to report sexual harassment at work

On Behalf of | Nov 29, 2017 | Sexual Harassment

It seems as though every day, we hear about another high profile sexual harassment claim in the news. Although the claims are both sad and shocking, victims feel more empowered than ever to speak out against the behavior they have experienced. This applies to sexual harassment both in and out of the workplace.

When it comes to reporting sexual harassment at work, many people still fear speaking out. They may fear embarrassment, job loss or another form of retaliation. Unfortunately, many never get the help they need.

If you are experiencing sexual harassment at work, here are some things to keep in mind:

  • Sexual harassment is illegal: State and federal laws protect employees against sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation in the workplace. The law is on your side, and you should feel confident about speaking out.
  • Report the conduct: Notify your employer of the conduct by following company policy. This may involve informing your HR department directly. It is advisable to do this via email, so there is documentation of your complaint.
  • Contact an employment law attorney: If your employer is failing to take steps to stop the behavior or if you are unhappy with your company’s investigation of the claims, it is advisable to contact an employment law attorney for help. It is important that you feel supported during this time. An attorney can provide you with the advocacy needed to move forward.

Free consultation: If you wish to speak to an employment law attorney about what is happening to you, please call 213-550-5503.

FindLaw Network

Why Hire Bononi Law Group?

You can choose among many California law firms when seeking an attorney for your employment law matter. Here are four reasons you should consider Bononi Law Group.