Employers offer severance agreements and severance packages to departing employees for numerous reasons, almost all of which have potential legal ramifications. If your firm is firing, laying off or otherwise releasing employees, it may face issues involving:
- The release of all potential claims on the part of the employee(s)
- Employee(s) who wish to obtain a release of claims from your firm before signing any agreement
- Firms releasing employees 40 and older, making them vulnerable to charges of age discrimination
- Employees' legal rights to retain certain benefits following loss of employment
To best ensure that your firm's interests are fully protected, contact the Pasadena employment law firm Bononi Law Group, LLP. We can:
- Counsel your firm regarding when severance agreements are advisable
- Draft severance agreements that contain enforceable terms and are consistent with labor and employment laws
- Represent your firm in severance negotiations
- Represent your firm in disputes and litigation involving severance negotiations
Does your California business need legal help regarding severance agreements or a severance agreement dispute? Contact Bononi Law Group, LLP, at 213-550-5503 for experienced and professional legal help.
At Bononi Law Group, LLP, we work directly with business clients' hiring managers, human resources staff and firm executives to strategize and draft severance agreements that are enforceable, strategic and fully legal and protect clients' interests. Our lawyer team includes legal educators and authors, as well as multiple attorneys who have been listed on Southern California Super Lawyers annually since 2005.
For more information regarding our advice and counsel legal services, call us at 213-550-5503.