Southern California Severance Agreement Law Firm
Working With Employers in the Los Angeles Area for Over 20 Years
Employers offer severance agreements and severance packages to departing employees for numerous reasons, almost all of which have potential legal ramifications. If your firm is firing, laying off or otherwise releasing employees, it may face issues involving:
- The release of all potential claims on the part of the employee(s)
- The employee(s) may wish to obtain a release of claims from your firm before singing any agreement.
- Firms that release employees aged 40 or over are vulnerable to charges of age discrimination.
- Employees' legal rights to retain certain benefits following loss of employment
- Counsel your firm regarding when severance agreements are advisable
- Draft severance agreements that contain enforceable terms and are consistent with labor and employment laws
- Represent your firm in severance negotiations
- Represent your firm in disputes and litigation involving severance negotiations
Does your California business need legal help regarding severance agreements or a severance agreement dispute? Contact the Bononi Law Group, LLP, at 1-800-641-5548 for experienced and professional legal help.
At the Bononi Law Group, LLP, we have worked directly with business clients' hiring managers, human resources staff and firm executives to strategize and draft severance agreements that are enforceable, strategic, fully legal and protect clients' interests. Our lawyer team includes legal educators and authors, as well as multiple attorneys who have been listed on Southern California Super Lawyers annually since 2005. For more information regarding our advice and counsel legal services, contact us at 1-800-641-5548.